Bolt Energy USA warrants each Bolt Energy LiFePO4 Lithium battery to be free of defects for a period of 5 years (“Space for the Warranty Period”) from the shipment date determined by the battery serial number.
Within the 3 years of the Warranty Period, subject to the exclusions listed below, we will replace or repair, if serviceable, the Product and/or parts of the Product, if the components in question are determined to be defective in material or workmanship; Starting the 4th year, only the cost of spare parts to be replaced and courier cost will be charged if the components in question are determined to be defective in material or workmanship. Courier service to and from Bolt energy will always be the customers responsibility.
This Limited Warranty is to the original purchaser of the Product and is not transferable to any other person or entity. Please contact the place of purchase regarding any warranty claim.
Bolt Energy has no obligation under this Limited Warranty for Product subjected to the following conditions (including but not limited to):
- Damage due to improper installation; loose terminal connections, under-sized cabling, incorrect connections (series and parallel) for desired voltage and AH requirements, or reverse polarity connections
- Environmental damage: inappropriate storage conditions as defined by the Manufacturer; exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures, fire or freezing, or water damage
- Damage caused by collision
- Damage due to improper maintenance; under- or over-charging the Product, dirty terminal connections
- Product that has been modified or tampered with
- Product that was used for applications other than which it was designed and intended for, including repeated engine starting
- Product that was used on an over-sized inverter/charger without the use of a Manufacturer-approved current surge limiting device
- Product that was under-sized for the application, including an Air Conditioner or similar device having a locked rotor startup up current that is not used in conjunction with a Manufacturer-approved surge-limiting device
- Product not stored in adherence to the Manufacturer’s storage guidelines, including storage of the Product at low state-of-charge.
This Limited Warranty does not cover a Product that has reached its normal end of life due to usage which may occur prior to the Warranty Period. A battery can deliver only a fixed amount of Energy over its life which will occur over different periods of time depending on the application. For example, cycling the battery more than 1 time daily, will cause the normal end of life to occur before the end of the Warranty Period.
Bolt Energy reserves the right to deny a warranty claim if the Product is determined, upon inspection, to be at its normal end of life even if within the Warranty Period.
Bolt Energy’s exclusive liability for breach of any warranty on the Battery shall be to replace the Battery within the warranty period in accordance with the terms of this limited warranty. In no event shall Manufacturer be liable for any loss or damages of any other kind, whether direct, incidental, consequential including lost profits, exemplary, special, or otherwise, including any lost profits or removal, shipping, or installation expenses.
If outside of the Warranty period or for damage not covered under the Warranty, customers can still contact the Manufacturer for battery repairs. Costs will include shipping cost and parts cost.